If you are reading this post, then it means you want to sit for the upcoming UTME exam. Let me congratulate you because you are at the right place. Here are what you should know before you sit for the examination.
1. Your Name is very important: Yes, your name may cost you your admission if it is wrongly spelt. I have seen students admitted by JAMB but were rejected by the University during clearance because of their names does not correlate with other documents like O’level result certificate, birth certificate etc. Although the board gives another chance for” change of data” where you may correct your name in case you made mistake, but to be on a safer side, make sure you carefully spell your name to the JAMB official that is going to register you.
2. Know The Course You Want To Study: I usually find it funny when students say they don’t know the course they wish to study. We advise that students go for courses they have passions for. Don’t let anyone decide your course for you.
3. Know the subject combination for your course: Lots of student make this mistake by choosing wrong subject combinations for their course. If you want to get over this problem, you must use “JAMB Brochure” to avoid mistakes. Remember, this mistake can not be resolved after the exam, which means forfeiture of your admission. Be wise!!!
4. Use one sitting result: Students with one-result SITTING have more advantage than students that combined two results. Also make sure your minimum grade in your WAEC/NECO/GCE is “C6”, anything other than this is not acceptable in any of the universities, colleges of education, polytechnics in the country.
5. Your Date of Birth: Don’t ever make the mistake of changing your date of birth because your admission can be revoke by JAMB or by the University if they find out. Minimum age requirement in federal universities is 16. If you are 15 year’s old, relax and wait for the following year.